Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Thing #13, Del.icio.us

Del.icio.us was pretty interesting, but I don't know if I can get used to the idea. The link to see the 12-minute tutorial was broken, so I pretty much had to just look around myself. I couldn't really get my head around just EXACTLY what it was until I read the helpful "learn more" button. It basically explained it as having bookmarks from your computer placed on a website so you can go to those sites wherever you want to, away from your home computer. This made sense to me, and it seemed like a nifty idea. My idea of "tagging" was from LiveJournal, where you could use tags to say what you'd talked about. For example, if you're a Dr. Who fan, any post you'd made about it could have a Dr. Who tag, so you could easily search for any Dr. Who references. This is how Del.icio.us looks to me. I am also having a hard time with it's name. Why the periods in the word "delicious"? I just don't get it.

2 comments:

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

Hi Jen - Yes, this Del.icio.us name is a bit of a mystery, so I did some quick research. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_hack
... Perhaps this will help to make some sense of it!